Certificate III Work Health & Safety
Certificate III in Work Health & Safety
Government Funded | $500
GF Concession | $100
Non Funded | $2400
39/617-643 Spencer Street
West Melbourne, 3003
- Traineeships available
In our Work Health and Safety (WHS) program, you will learn how to protect yourself and your team from permanent injuries This course will provide you with tools and processes to prevent accidents, but also how to handle them if they do occur.
This course has been tailored to suit people that are employed or looking to be employed at outdoor events and in hospitality venues.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals performing work health and safety (WHS) duties in addition to their main duties. They may provide technical advice and support to a team and apply a range of competencies in varied work contexts. It provides the skills and knowledge required to contribute to a variety of WHS tasks.
- 9 Sessions via Zoom with a trainer – 1 x 3 hours per fortnight
- 2 full day practical skills classes
- Assessments include; online and oral questions; projects; and observations of skills
- Recommended 10 hours of Self paced learning
Average duration 6 months.
To receive this qualification you must complete the 11 units – 6 core and 5 elective units.
All elective units have been selected by Serve It Up to give you the most up to date and relevant skills.
6 core units of competency
- BSBWHS307 Apply knowledge of WHS laws in the workplace
- BSBWHS308 Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control processes
- BSBWHS309 Contribute effectively to WHS communication and consultation process
- BSBWHS310 Contribute to WHS issue resolution process
- BSBWHS331 Participate in identifying and controlling hazardous chemicals
- PUAFER001 Identify, prevent and report potential facility emergency situations
5 elective units of competency
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
- BSBCMM211 Apply communication skills
- BSBTWK301 Use inclusive work practices
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- MSS403032 Analyse Manual Handling Processes
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. The course fees/costs depend upon eligibility for a Government subsidy, via the Skills First Funding Program. Using a funded place can affect your access to future funding. If you are not eligible for funding the course fees will be the “Fee for Service” rate.
Detailed fees and funding information can be found here.
On completion of this qualification you may wish to undertake the the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health Safety (not offered by SIU).