Infection Control Course
Cross-Sector Infection Control Skill Set
This is a cross-sector infection control course providing an accredited infection control certificate for multiple industries. The infection control course in Melbourne is delivered online or practical face-to-face classes. This targeted skill set covers infection prevention and control procedures for Victorian employers and workers in Victorian businesses where COVID-safe practices are vital.
BSBSS00095 – Cross-Sector Infection Control Skill Set
Skills First Funding*: $0
Fee for Service: $300
Practical in your workplace OR at Serve It Up campus
As Victorian businesses are rebuilding from Coronavirus restrictions, employers and their staff need to ensure they can safely stay open and engage with customers.
Serve It Up is now offering the accredited skill set, BSBSS00095 – Cross-Sector Infection Control. This course is a mixture of online and workplace-based learning, to help staff identify and manage the ongoing risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections
This targeted skill set, covering the unit BSBWHS332x Apply infection prevention and control procedures to own work activities, is focused on Victorians employers and workers in Victorian businesses where COVID-safe practices are vital.
What you will learn:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surface cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identification, control and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- Knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission
- Self-paced online learning and assessment completed through our learner management system, Canvas
- 2 hour practical skills class – book your spot once your online assessment is completed
- Assessments include online questions, case studies and observations of skills
- Recommended 20 hours of self-paced learning
- You can have up to 3 months to complete the course
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. The course fees/costs depend upon eligibility for a Government subsidy, via the Skills First Funding Program. Using a funded place can affect your access to future funding. If you are not eligible for funding the course fees will be the “Fee for Service” rate.
Detailed fees and funding information can be found here.