Barista Course Pascoe Vale
Serve It Up hospitality training has created a three-day barista course for Pascoe Vale called “Espress Yourself.” This barista certificate is based on the nationally accredited and government funded skill set: SITSS00048 – Espresso Machine Operation.
This is more than just a coffee making course. Serve It Up’s barista course covers:
- How to make and serve espresso coffee and basic latte art
- Food handlers’ certificate (Level 1)
- Coffee machine setup and cleaning, using the grinder and extraction techniques
- Using the Point of Sale (POS), processing payments, and competing reconciliation
- How to provide quality customer service to internal and external customers, tips to exceed customer expectations, and handling complaints
Learning to make coffee takes time, this is why we deliver this course over three (3) full days. A single four-hour class will not be enough. Do not be fooled by other providers’ courses. We have numerous fully equipped rooms for our barista courses with multiple coffees machines per room. You will have time, space, and support from expert trainers to help you start your journey to becoming a barista.
On completion of the barista course for Pascoe Vale, you will receive a barista certificated for the skill set SITSS00048 – Espresso Machine Operation, which includes the nationally accredited units of competency:
- SITXFSA001 – Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety – Food Handlers certificate
- SITXCCS006 – Provide Service to Customers
- SITHFAB005 – Prepare and Serve Espresso Coffee – * Pre-requisite SITXFSA001 – Use Hygienic Practices For Food Safety
- SITXFIN001 – Process Financial Transactions
* This course is superseded & will be transitioned to the new release if not completed by 8th June 2023.
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. The course fees/costs depend upon eligibility for a Government subsidy, via the Skills First Funding Program. Using a funded place can affect your access to future funding. If you are not eligible for funding the course fees will be the “Fee for Service” rate.
Detailed fees and funding information can be found here.